No, they are not recommended for human consumption based off my research. Despite their plump looks, the fruits contain a large seed which takes up most of the volume of the fruit. The taste is that of an acidic tannic berry, and is fairly grassy. Based off my experience, the flavor makes me believe they are mildly toxic. If you've a hardy constitution and want to risk it, bite, taste, spit out. If a child has eaten a berry, it's best to not risk poison injury and to seek medical aid.
They are however, good food for wild birds.